Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, quinoa chili. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Quinoa Chili is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Quinoa Chili is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook quinoa chili using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Quinoa Chili:
- Prepare For the quinoa:
- Make ready 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- Take 1 cup unsalted vegetable broth or water
- Get For the chili:
- Prepare 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Prepare 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 1 bell pepper, diced
- Get 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) unsalted tomato sauce
- Take 1 can (15 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- Make ready 1 can (15 oz.) unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- Get 1 can (15 oz.) unsalted kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Get 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth or water
- Take 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Prepare 3/4 cup frozen corn
- Prepare 1 tbsp. chili powder
- Get 1 tsp. each ground cumin, brown sugar
- Take 1/2 tsp. each salt, onion powder, garlic powder,
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. each chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika
- Get 1/4 tsp. each pepper, dried oregano
Instructions to make Quinoa Chili:
- Quinoa: In a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, set the broth to boil over high heat. Once it's boiling, stir in the quinoa, place the lid on, lower the heat to medium-low and let it cook for 15 minutes. After times up, turn off the heat, but leave the lid on for another 5 minutes. Then fluff the quinoa with a fork and set it aside.
- Chili: In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onion and pepper with a pinch of salt. Cook until they've softened up a bit, about 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic and cook for another minute or so more, until fragrant. Then stir in the broth, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings. Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Once it starts to come to a low boil, add in the beans and sweet potatoes. Let this simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender, which will depend on how big you diced them. Once they are tender, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cooked quinoa and the corn. Serve with whatever toppings sound good.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food quinoa chili recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!