Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chicken and waffles on a stick. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken and Waffles on a Stick is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Chicken and Waffles on a Stick is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
When you order Roscoe's famous dish you get a waffle drowned in maple syrup topped with a piece of c. These skewered chicken and waffles are perfect for brunch, breakfast or as an appetizer. Remove the chicken and buttermilk mixture from the refrigerator.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chicken and waffles on a stick using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken and Waffles on a Stick:
- Make ready 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 -1.5inch thick strips
- Prepare 2 cups buttermilk, divided
- Prepare 2 tbsp paprika
- Take 2 tbsp black pepper
- Take kosher salt
- Get 3 tsp garlic powder, divided
- Prepare 2 tsp cayenne powder, divided
- Get 3 cups buttermilk, divided
- Get 2 large eggs
- Make ready 2 cups flour (Bread or AP)
- Take 3/4 cup corn starch
- Prepare 2 tsp baking powder
- Take 1 tsp dried mustard
- Prepare 1 tsp dried ginger
- Get 2 cups AP flour
- Take 1 tsp baking soda
- Make ready 1 tsp baking powder
- Prepare 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Make ready 5 tbsp melted butter
- Make ready 4 large egg whites, beaten
- Get 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Take 1/2 tsp maple syrup extract
- Take 4 cups vegetable oil for frying (I used peanut oil)
- Prepare Bamboo skewers
- Make ready Cooking spray
How does one shove a stick into a plate of chicken and waffles? A CNE representative describes this newfangled treat as, "fried chicken blanketed in a fluffy waffle, on a stick. In a medium bowl, mix together the waffle dry mix, milk, egg and vanilla till smooth. Place a skewer in the middle of each chicken strip.
Steps to make Chicken and Waffles on a Stick:
- Combine 1 cup buttermilk (reserve 3 tbsp) with paprika, black pepper, and 1/2 the garlic powder and cayenne in a Ziploc bag. Add 1/2 tsp kosher salt as well. Mix well then add chicken. Marinate for 2-12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Whisk flour, corn starch, a pinch of kosher salt, baking powder and dried ginger and mustard together in a large, shallow bowl. Sprinkle about 4 tbsp of your marinade into the flour mix.
- Using your fingers work the marinade around in the flour until you get some dry chunks in there. These chunks will lend to the crispiness of your fried chicken
- Setup your breading station. In addition to your craggy flour mix you'll combine your eggs and the remaining buttermilk in another bowl. Also have a third empty plate to place your breaded chicken fingers.
- Place each piece of chicken in the flour first, then the egg wash, then the flour again. Make sure to get those crags stuck to your chicken fingers. To prevent all the clumps to sticking to your actual fingers use one hand for dry ingredients and another for the wet ingredients. For a good explanation on this method check out http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/02/the-food-lab-all-american-eggplant-parmesan.html
- Pile your chicken on the plate. I didn't separate my chicken fingers and it led to a lot of stickage as the breading got moist. So I recommend separating the chicken fingers and stacking with sheets of parchment paper. Go ahead an add your oil to a large cast iron dutch oven or skillet at this point and heat to about 340F.
- Whisk together 2 cups of AP flour, baking soda, baking powder and powdered sugar. Then add the wet ingredients: melted butter, 2 cups buttermilk, egg whites, and maple and vanilla extracts. Whisk until smooth.
- Fry up your chicken fingers in the preheated oil. You're looking for a golden brown fried-chickeny looking color about 4 minutes on one side. Using tongs, carefully agitate the chicken so you don't get any hotspots sticking to the pan. At 4 minutes flip you're chicken fingers and cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Repeat for all the chicken.
- Stick the bamboo skewers into each individual chicken finger. You've not got chicken on a stick.
- Pre-heat a waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. Pour a little waffle mix in the bottom of the iron, about halfway to what you would use to make a regular waffles. Put two chicken skewers down on the iron (one on each half. Pour about half the amount of the original pour over the chicken.
- Close waffle iron and cook according to your waffle-ironing instructions. Try not to pour too much as you will have waffle mix all over your counter (I know this from experience). These waffles will puff up about twice the size of the batter when cooked. Split the waffles, sprinkle with maple syrup or dip in ketchup. It's chicken and a waffle, you can do that. Enjoy!
We brought these to an afterschool play date and every. Making fried chicken and waffles at the same time is quite a feat, but this soul food classic is worth the effort. Brining your chicken beforehand is NOT required! Place cooked waffles in a clean kitchen towel on a baking sheet. Place in oven to keep warm while preparing chicken.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken and waffles on a stick recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!