Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mushroom sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mushroom Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Mushroom Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mushroom sauce using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mushroom Sauce:
- Prepare 2 lb mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Take 2 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 3 1/2 cup water
- Take 2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- Make ready 3 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp peppercorns
- Take 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- Prepare 2 cloves
- Prepare 2 tsp thyme, dryed
- Prepare 1 tsp basil, dryed
- Prepare 3 bay leaves
- Get 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Take 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Take 1/2 cup light corn syrup
Instructions to make Mushroom Sauce:
- Layer the sliced mushrooms in a container, salting each layer. Cover and leave in a cool place overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Combine all ingredients except salted mushrooms, vinegar and corn syrup in a pot. Bring to the boil and then simmer for half an hour.
- Add the salted mushrooms and bring to a rolling boil for 15 minutes.
- Put the mixture through a wire screened strainer and discard solids.
- OPTIONAL – If you want to make mushroom ketchup add only cider vinegar, boil and simmer for 20. Strain mixture through cheese cloth or a coffee filter. Goto step 6…
- Add the vinegar and corn syrup then reboil for a few minutes, turn down to simmer, cook and whisk until thickened
- Bottle or jar, keeps well in the fridge.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mushroom sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!