Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, sweet n sour sauce (base recipe). One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sweet and sour is a very popular sauce in Chinese cuisine, with many different ways to make it. This recipe is the style that would be found in a Chinese (Cantonese) restaurant, with a red ketchup base. You can use it for stir-fry pork, chicken, or vegetables.
Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe) is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook sweet n sour sauce (base recipe) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe):
- Make ready 1 liter veg or chicken stock
- Get 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- Take 1 cup ketchup
- Make ready 1 tbsp cider viniger
- Make ready 1/2 cup orange juice
- Make ready 5 star anise
- Make ready 1 tsp minced garlic
- Get 1 tsp crushed ginger
- Take 1/2 shredded carrot
- Take 2 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp dry chilli flakes
- Make ready 1/2 tsp 5 spice
- Prepare 1 small sweet pepper, sliced
- Prepare 1 cornflour to thicken (optional, see steps)
While it can be found in diverse forms in China, the American version of sweet and sour. Make your own from-scratch sweet and sour sauce recipe without pineapple with this very easy tutorial! Now that I am cooking for a toddler who prefers dishes on the sweeter side, I have been wanting to create a sweet and sour sauce recipe for her, without the food dye or preservatives. I like adding a few drops of red food coloring to make it look more like sweet and sour.
Steps to make Sweet n sour sauce (base recipe):
- Chuck all in a sauce pan one at a time stirring to the boil.
- Either reduce to consistency, or thicken with corn flour. (reducing gives stronger flavour)
- Remove star anise before serving.
- REMEMBER MY TITLE SAYS BASE!!, I normally play not weigh, so I've increased the amount I've made and tried to weigh as I went, make your own tweeks to suit your tastes. Pineapple goes well as an additional sweetener.
I sometimes switch out the pineapple juice for fresh lemon juice for lemon. This came from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking and is much better than anything I've created on my own. The sauce is thick and gooy and goes well Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Pour over chicken, meatballs, smoked sausage, veggies.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sweet n sour sauce (base recipe) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!