Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, black forest cake (schwarzwälder kirschtorte). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte) is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
SCHWARZWÄLDER KIRSCHTORTE Rezept — BLACK FOREST CAKE Recipe. Layers of chocolate cake, black cherries, and kirsch, coated with kirsch infused fresh whipped cream. Often, we would call in at a cafe and enjoy a slice of German Black Forest Cake, or as it was described on the menu, Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte with a lovely cup of freshly brewed coffee.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook black forest cake (schwarzwälder kirschtorte) using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte):
- Prepare A. Cherries
- Take 700 ml jar of Morello Cherries in syrup
- Make ready 4 tablespoons Kirsch or Cherry Brandy
- Make ready 50 g granulated white sugar
- Get B. Cake
- Get 3 egg yolks
- Take 75 gr chocolate couverture 55%, melted
- Get 15 gr cocoa powder
- Make ready 35 gr hot water
- Make ready 40 gr oil
- Take 1 tbsp vanilla
- Get pinch salt
- Take 25 gr flour
- Make ready 3 egg white
- Make ready 60 gr sugar (divided)
- Prepare C. Whipped Cream Frosting
- Get 450 ml heavy whipping cream (double cream) (35% butterfat)
- Prepare 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Prepare 20 g granulated white sugar
Spiked with cherry liqueur this is a showstopper of a cake in both taste and presentation. Black Forest cherry cake is a popular German dessert consisting of chocolate sponges that are coated in whipped cream and dotted with What is certain is that Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte originated in the Black Forest area and was in all likelihood modeled on the colors of the regional folk dresses. Black Forest Cake is one rich and decadent cake. Homemade cake, sour cherry filling, and topped with whipped cream.
Instructions to make Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte):
- Cherries: Drain the cherries, reserving the liquid. Place the cherries in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons Kirsch. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside. Place 1 cup (240 ml) of the reserved cherry syrup in a small saucepan, along with the sugar, and heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, add 2 tablespoons Kirsch, and let cool.
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 150oC. Butter, or spray with a non stick spray, a 16cm round cake pan and line the bottom of pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Mix cocoa powder with hot water and oil, add to melted chocolate. mix well. add in vanilla and salt.
- Whisk egg yolk and a third of sugar until pale, add in chocolate mixture. mix well. then fold in flour.
- Whisk egg white and rest of sugar until stiff.
- Fold in meringue into egg yolk mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan
- Bake at 150oC for 50-60mins or until done. (A little crack due to my oven temperature) 🤓
- Whipped Cream Frosting: In your mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar and stir to combine. Cover and chill the bowl and wire whisk in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, then beat the mixture just until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble Cake: Using a sharp knife, cut the genoise, horizontally, into two layers. Turn over the top layer of the cake (top of cake becomes bottom) and place on your serving plate. Brush the cake layer with 1/4 cup (60 ml) cherry syrup. Take about 200ml whipped cream and spread on the moistened genoise. Place the cherries evenly over the cream. Brush the cut-side of second genoise layer with 1/4 cup (60 ml) syrup. Place cut-side down on top of the cherries, gently pressing to compact.
- Reserve 250ml whipped cream and spread the remaining cream over top and sides of cake.
- Decorate with fresh cherries, shaved chocolate and chocolate curls.
- Ta daaa…
This classic German cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte), is moist, flavorful, and a crowd favorite. In this blog post, I will teach you how to make this dark forest cake with detailed. Black Forest Cake is one of the Pastry Horses. She helps your other horses find sugar more often during their actions. Black Forest Cake can be covered by Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte if he belongs to you.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food black forest cake (schwarzwälder kirschtorte) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!