Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, skillet lasagna. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
A layered lasagna is a true labor of love that requires slow cooking a sauce, boiling noodles, and Cooked in just one skillet on the stovetop, this is truly a weeknight lasagna that you can add to your. With our simple recipe for Easy Skillet Lasagna you can enjoy this comfort food any night of the While cooking this lasagna recipe is simple, our Easy Skillet Lasagna recipe uses traditional. It's true, this easy skillet lasagna you make the entire lasagna dish in& one skillet.
Skillet Lasagna is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Skillet Lasagna is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook skillet lasagna using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Skillet Lasagna:
- Make ready 2 lb Ground beef/Chuck/turkey/sausage
- Make ready 2 Jars spaghetti sauce or homemade sauce
- Make ready 1 box Oven ready lasagne noodles- break up about 8 or so- really just depends on how big of a skillet you use, how many layers, or how much you want to make.
- Get 1 Onion-diced small
- Get 1 Bell pepper-diced small
- Take 2 clove Garlic- minced
- Take 1/2 box Cream cheese
- Make ready Cottage cheese or ricotta or both (I use both)
- Take 2 tbsp Sour cream
- Take Shredded Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, Sharp cheddar or all. (I use all) but more mozzarella out of them all
- Get 1 Italian seasonings, garlic and onion powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Or whatever you like.
- Take 1/2 Jar- Alfredo sauce- if you want to do the easy thing instead of the sour cream, cottage cheese, ricotta, cream cheese route. Just add some of it where that would go.
- Get 1/4 cup Optional: chicken broth or stock- u would add this to your pasta red sauce.
Lasagna isn't usually a dish you can throw together at the last minute. Even with no-boil noodles, it takes a good amount of time to get the components just right. Our goal was to transform traditional. Your family favorite dinner is now so much easier without all the hassle and ready in a fraction of the time.
Steps to make Skillet Lasagna:
- Prep first- dice your onion, bell pepper, and break up your noodles. Shred your cheeses,etc
- Add meat to skillet on high heat, along with the diced onion and bell pepper, and seasonings to it. Cook until done. If you are adding minced garlic, add it when your meat is almost done. Then when meat is done, DRAIN.
- Add your meat mixture back to the skillet, and add the sauce. Let it come to a boil, and stir. Then pour it into a separate bowl, and put to the side.
- Now in another separate bowl. Add the sour cream, softened cream cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta and a little bit of shredded cheeses, Italian seasoning or basil/oregano and mix it up.
- Now time to layer: spread a little bit of the meat sauce to the bottom of your skillet. Then spread some of the cheese mixture, on top, then add some of your broken noodles. And repeat process again, ending with the meat mixture on top. DO not sprinkle any shredded cheese yet on top.
- Now let this come to a boil real quick, and turn the heat to a med low, and cover it with lid, and let cook for about 25 min or until your noodles are soft.
- Once noodles are soft, then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheeses on top, and let them melt. Also, make sure once the cheese has melted to take off the stove eye, and let cool for a few so cheese and all can set up.
The original bowtie lasagna recipe called for sour cream here instead of ricotta, and it winds up being a little creamier. This Skillet Lasagna Recipe is an excellent alternative for those times you are in the mood for lasagna, but don't want to deal with the mess or have time to make it from scratch. Skillet Lasagna is a comforting and cheesy one pot meal. When you make a delicious lasagna and only have one pan to wash, that's winning. Skillet Lasagna is a shortcut recipe that saves time while making a super tasty family dinner!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food skillet lasagna recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!