Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, cream of mushroom soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cream of Mushroom Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Cream of Mushroom Soup is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Cream of mushroom soup is a simple type of soup where a basic roux is thinned with cream or milk and then mushrooms and/or mushroom broth are added. It is well known in North America as a common type of condensed canned soup. Cream of mushroom soup has been a favorite of mine as long as I can remember.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have cream of mushroom soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- Get 1/4 cup butter
- Prepare 2 small or 1 large shallots OR 1 small onion
- Get 4 cloves minced garlic
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs assorted mushrooms
- Get 1/4 heaping cup flour
- Take 1 tbsp fresh or 1 tsp dried thyme
- Take 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Prepare 1 qt mushroom stock or vegetable broth
- Get 1 cup light cream or half and half
- Take to taste Salt and black and/or white pepper
It is so simple to make and everything is in a light cream broth so you still get some creaminess without the heaviness of many cream soups. The creamiest mushroom soup that tastes just like the canned stuff - except it's so much healthier, creamier and tastier! Can this be used in place of canned cream of mushroom soup in casseroles/hotdish? I have a wild rice hot dish that I make for Christmas every year and would like to.
Instructions to make Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- In a soup pot melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots (or onion) and garlic, add a healthy pinch of kosher salt and sweat until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, thyme and another pinch of salt. Cook the mushrooms until they let off most of the liquid.
- Add the flour and stir until the ingredients look gummy, add wine to deglaze.
- After the wine has loosened the flour add the stock or broth, season to taste and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle boil then simmer for 20 to 45 minutes.
- Add cream taste for seasoning then serve and enjoy.
This cream of mushroom soup is so creamy, rich, and satisfying that you would never guess it's dairy-free. It has an enticing texture of fresh mushrooms and a layer of flavor from a humble cauliflower. I could use a thousand words to describe it, but one thing for sure is: you must try it! This cream of mushroom soup tastes decadent, but it's secretly healthy. Its creamy texture comes from pureed cauliflower!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food cream of mushroom soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!