Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
A super delicious arabic dessert , a sort of pancake stuffed with cream and garnished with nuts and sugar syrup. mostly served in the month of ramadan. •Ashta cream is a clotted cream popular in the Middle East that is sometimes scented with orange blossom water. You can find it at select Middle Eastern grocers or substitute it by mixing ricotta cheese with a little thickened cream and optionally a drop of orange blossom water. After cooking all of the pancakes, let them cool a little.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta:
- Make ready - For the batter:
- Make ready 2 cups flour
- Make ready 2 1/2 cups warm water
- Take 1/4 teaspoon dried yeast dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water
- Get 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Prepare 2 teaspoons sugar
- Make ready 1 tablespoon rose water
- Prepare - For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time
- Get 2 cups milk
- Take 2 cups whipping cream
- Get 6 slices American-style white bread
- Take 4 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup water
- Take - For the sugar syrup:
- Get 2 1/2 cups sugar
- Get 1 1/2 cups water
- Get 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- Make ready 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Make ready 1 teaspoon rose water
- Make ready Candied orange blossom (optional)
- Get 1/2 cup raw ground pistachios
- Take For garnishing:
Chopped pistachios and sweet · A delectable Arabic dessert made from rolls of soft, sweet cheese dough that gets stuffed with clotted cream, and crowned with pistachios and rose petal jam. Atayef are Middle-Eastern Pancakes stuffed with a ricotta cream, sprinkled with crushed pistachios and served with a rose-water simple syrup. Ashta is a clotted cream made from whole milk. It can be made at home, but, to be honest I highly prefer the ricotta cheese filling.
Steps to make Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta:
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- To prepare the batter: mix all the ingredients together. Leave to rest for 3 hr at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the atayef pancakes: delicately pour 1 large serving spoon of batter on a slightly greased pan. You should have an 8 cm diameter pancake. Cook on one side only. Bubbles will form on the surface of the dough. The pancakes are ready to be removed when the bubbles burst and the bottom of the pancake is slightly brown. The pancakes should be firm enough to be filled but they shouldn't be fully cooked. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d
- Fill each pancake with 1 to 2 tablespoons of ashta cream, close it from one side and keep it open from the other.
- Garnish with ground pistachios or candied orange blossoms. Add sugar syrup to taste while serving.
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' under my profile.
Atayef (kataif or قطايف) are thin and lacy stuffed Arabic pancakes. What sets these pancakes apart is that they are cooked only on one side, the other side is velvety because it is covered with bubbles, this allows the flavors of the filling to permeate the atayef. There are two types of atayef, regular and. As soon as all the Atayef are cooked, fill them with some ashta (cream) a bit of cherry coulis, pinching on one end to form a spoon shape and place in a serving platter; serve right away or refrigerate for a few hours. Qatayef Asafiri stuffed with creamy ashta, dipped in crushed nuts and drizzled with honey or syrup.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!