Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, angel food cake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Angel food cake is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Angel food cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! Check Out Pan For Angel Food Cake On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today!
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook angel food cake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Angel food cake:
- Make ready 360 ml egg whites (11-12 eggs)
- Make ready 125 g plain flour
- Take 300 g caster sugar
- Take 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Prepare 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready 1/2 tsp rose water or your favourite extract (almond, orange)
Angel food cake is the perfect Halloween dessert to keep the goblins away. For cake bakers, here are the basics of mixing, prepping and baking. Place flour and salt in a sieve set over a bowl; sift into bowl, and set aside. Using a metal spatula or knife, gently cut through the batter, spreading batter gently against side of pan and tube, to break large air pockets.
Instructions to make Angel food cake:
- Sift the flour with half the amount of the sugar into a bowl. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Get a two part angel food cake tube pan ready but do not grease it.
- Separate the eggs while cold – it’s much easier (some ideas for what to do with the egg yolks in the preface above) and bring them to room temperature.
- Place them in the bowl of a standing mixer with a balloon whisk attachment, or in a very large bowl if using a hand held mixer with a whisk. Beat until foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar, salt and the lemon juice and continue until soft peaks. Start adding the remaining sugar, by a tablespoon, and continue beating until the meringue is stiff and glossy and the sugar is used up. Add the vanilla extract and your flavour and beat in.
- Fold the flour and sugar mix into the meringue in four goes, using a spatula or a hand whisk – be careful not to deflate the mix.
- Pour it into the tin, cut a spatula through the batter to smooth it out and remove any air pockets.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and the sponge springs back when gently pressed.
- Immediately invert the tin and prop it up on an upturned bowl or small pot, so the cake is suspended in the tin. Leave it to cool completely.
- When cold, run a palette knife around the sides of the tin to release the cake, then run it along the bottom and around the tube to unmould it. Place on a serving dish and decorate with strawberries, cream, and all things summery.
Place oven rack in the lowest position. Angel food cake is a low fat cake recipe made mostly from egg whites, cake flour, and sugar. It's pristine white on the inside with a chewy light brown crumb around the exterior. What it lacks in butter makes up for in texture. Angel food cake, or angel cake, is a type of sponge cake made with egg whites, flour, and sugar.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food angel food cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!