Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, masoor dal fry. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rinse ½ cup masoor dal (pink lentils) a couple of times in water. Fry again for a few minutes till the tomatoes become soft and pulpy. Masoor dal recipe - Red lentils has the highest amount of protein among all the lentils & is often Masoor dal recipe with video and step by step photos.
Masoor Dal Fry is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Masoor Dal Fry is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook masoor dal fry using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Masoor Dal Fry:
- Take 1 cup masoor dal
- Make ready 1/3 cup tomato chopped
- Get 1/3 cup onion chopped
- Prepare 1 tsp garlic paste
- Take 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Take 2 tbsps carrot chopped
- Make ready to taste salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Take 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp green chilli chopped
- Prepare 1/4 tsp cumin seed
- Prepare 1/4 tsp mustard seed
- Make ready 1 tsp oil
- Get 1/4 tsp garam masala
This DAL FRY recipe is usually done using toor dal. I also do it with moong dal or masoor dal. South Indian Style dal fry with step by step pictures. One can make dal fry with toor dal only.
Instructions to make Masoor Dal Fry:
- Cook masoor dal with water in pressure cooker till 3 whistle
- Take a pan and add oil, keep it on medium heat
- Add mustard seed and cumin seeds
- As it sizzles, add tomato, onion, garlic paste, green chillie and grated carrot
- Saute it for about 2-3 minutes
- Add the cooked masoor dal
- Add some water if needed, to make the consistency like a thick paste
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala
- Cook it for 5-10 minutes
- Serve it hot with jeera rice
- Note: The dal is orange color. Once it is cooked the color becomes yellow. So to get some orange color, we are adding grated carrot
However, for this dal fry recipe, I have used a mix of toor and masoor dal. Either way you make it, the end result will always be delicious! Masoor Dal can be prepared in about as many ways as there are cooks who make it, which is why I'm going to tell you upfront that this is probably not how your Indian mother/grandma/aunt makes it. finally, serve masoor dal fry hot with rice or roti. Masoor dal is a spiced Indian lentil dish that's equal parts flavorful and cozy; serve with rice or naan bread for dipping. "In India, when a girl is born, there's no celebration. Masoor dal or the red lentils is another dal dish that is made in all Indian homes.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food masoor dal fry recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!