Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, spiced plum and fig chutney. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney is something that I have loved my whole life.
Make-ahead this richly spiced plum chutney for special occasions, a homemade gift or simply enjoy al fresco with your favourite cold cuts. For the spicy fig and plum chutney, start by heating the oil and sauté the shallot until softened. Add the mustard seeds, coriander and Stir the chutney from time to time to ensure the base doesn't catch.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spiced plum and fig chutney using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney:
- Take 250 grams De-stoned and chopped plums
- Get 250 grams Chopped fresh figs
- Prepare 120 grams Raisins
- Prepare 3 clove Garlic
- Take 1 tbsp Grated fresh ginger
- Make ready 2 medium size red onion
- Get 150 grams Demerara sugar
- Make ready 200 ml Vinegar
- Take 1 tsp Allspice
- Prepare 1/2 Cinnamon stick
- Take 1 pinch Red chilli flakes
- Get 1 Bay leaf
- Get 1/2 tsp Each salt and black pepper
Enjoy - you will love it. Give the gift of delicious, homemade, spiced plum chutney this Christmas by following this easy-to-make plum chutney recipe from the Jamie Oliver Add to the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer slowly until most of the water has evaporated and the chutney is reduced and. Onion, red plums, and dried cranberries combine to create a decadent condiment perfect for the winter months. Brown sugar, cider vinegar, grated fresh ginger, black mustard seeds, and salt give the chutney its spicy-sweet flavor.
Steps to make Spiced Plum And Fig Chutney:
- Very finely chop the onion, add to a heavy base saucepan with a dash of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes to soften the onion, don't burn it!
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, cook for further 5 minutes stirring so as not to burn the garlic or onion.
- Add all other ingredients to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently so it dosnt stick to the bottom.
- Taste it a few times during cooking and adjust to your own taste, mine was a bit sweet initially but a few more drops of vinegar and a pinch of pepper made it perfect.
- When cooled, add to jars and refriderate. Should keep for about 4 weeks.
In our backyard, there is a plum tree and it went crazy last season and we had oodles of plums. I was looking for ways to use the fruit and found this delicious recipe for chutney that came from the Red Castle Inn B&B in Nevada City, CA. I gave three of the jars away as Christmas gifts and it was a. Method for Spiced Plum Chutney: Halve the plums and remove the stone. Peal core and dice the apples.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food spiced plum and fig chutney recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!