Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce - mehshi koussa. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Fill zucchini with stuffing. (The rice expands and the meat will shrink so fill them all the way). Prepare the sauce: in a frying pan gently fry chopped onion in butter. When transparent add chopped garlic cook for a few seconds and chopped peeled tomatoes.
Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce - mehshi koussa is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce - mehshi koussa is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce - mehshi koussa using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce - mehshi koussa:
- Make ready 1 kg baby zucchini, washed
- Take 250 g coarsely ground beef
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups rice, washed and drained
- Make ready 2 medium tomatoes, cut in cubes
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Get 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare - For the sauce:
- Take 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Take 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Make ready 3 cups water
- Get 2 tablespoons tomato paste dissolved in ½ cup water
- Make ready 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
This was my first time having it swimming in a poodle of delicious garlicky. The sauce can be either onion and tomatoes stewed, or pomegranate molasses and water. Gently fry the zucchini in a film of grease left on the skillet till golden; add the tomatoes and about enough I have quite a few in my garden right now and make stuffed kousa often. Mix the tomato paste or soup with the water and pour over the zucchini.
Instructions to make Stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce - mehshi koussa:
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing.
- To prepare the stuffing: mix the rice, ground beef, spices and tomatoes. Combine well.
- Fill only ¾ of each zucchini leaving space for the rice to expand when cooked.
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together with 3 cups water and pour them over the zucchini.
- When the water starts boiling, reduce the heat; cover the pan and let it simmer for 1 hr.
- Serve hot with plain yogurt on the side.
Turn a heatproof dinner plate upside-down over the zucchini to keep them in place and keep in the steam. Core the zucchini with an apple or zucchini corer. Keep the cores for another use. In a large skillet, combine the broth, strained tomatoes and the remaining garlic. Cored zucchini are stuﬀed with a fragrant mixture of meat and rice, and then slowly Lay the lamb chops in the bottom of the saucepan and arrange the stuﬀed zucchini over it.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food stuffed baby zucchini in tomato sauce - mehshi koussa recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!