Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, merguez sausage and cumin lentils with dandelion greens. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Blooming cumin seeds in hot oil releases their earthy aroma. Merguez sausage, made with lamb and warming spices, is an incredibly delicious North African ingredient. (Its name comes from the Berber word for As its popularity spread, merguez sausage entered the cuisines of the Middle East and France. Here, we're pairing it with elegant French lentils.
Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have merguez sausage and cumin lentils with dandelion greens using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens:
- Make ready 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Take 1 lb merguez sausages
- Take 2 tsp whole cumin seeds
- Get 1 onion, diced
- Prepare 1 fresh cayenne, diced or 1/2 tsp dried red chile flakes
- Get 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 3 cups chicken stock
- Take 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- Make ready 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- Prepare 1 cup dry lentils
- Take 1 bunch dandelion greens
- Prepare 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- Prepare 1/2 cup cilantro
They lend a punchy bitterness to salads Have you tried eating dandelion greens yet? Yes, dandelion greens — the toothy-looking leaves of those small, sunny, invasive flowers that overtake. Dandelion greens are actually one of the healthiest green vegetables out there. Merguez sausage may be small in size, but its influence is felt worldwide.
Instructions to make Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens:
- Dandelion greens are grown in sandy soils. After cutting your greens, place them in a bowl or salad spinner and fill with cold water. Agitate with your hands to dislodge the sand. Remove the greens and and let the sand settle to the bottom. Pour the sandy water out. Repeat until the water runs clear and sand free and then once more. Spin or shake the excess water off the greens.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat and add the sausages to brown.
- Turn the sausages and once brown, remove to a bowl. It's ok they're not fully cooked. They will finish later.
- In the oil left in the dutch oven, add the cumin seeds and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and season with 1 tsp salt and cook while scraping up the brown bits for ~10 min
- Add the garlic and red peppers. Cook 30 seconds
- Add the stock. If you dont have stock on hand, use 3 cups of water and 1 cube each of Bou chicken and Bou vegetable bouillon. Hand crush the tomatoes and add them along with the lentils and oregano. Bring to a simmer over low heat and roughly 1-2 tsp of salt to taste. cook for 30 min uncovered to reduce the stock
- Add the dandelion greens and mix. Cover and cook until wilted… about 3 minutes.
- Add the sausages back, add the vinegar and and cover to cook for 10 min
- Plate with slice sausages, sprinkle with cilantro, and dress with a drizzle of high quality olive oil and cracked pepper.
When the French colonized North Africa, they took to this spicy sausage and incorporated it into French cuisine. The combination of spicy sausage and salty fries makes for an exciting sandwich, and is so popular that. Merguez is a spicy North African sausage that is popular in Morocco. They are grilled and rather easy to make from ground lamb or beef, or a When making merguez at home, you can feed the mixture into sausage casings or simply shape it into patties or cylinders. Add onion, carrot and garlic to pan and sauté until soft.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food merguez sausage and cumin lentils with dandelion greens recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!