Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mom's best biscuits. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mom's Best Biscuits is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Mom's Best Biscuits is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
The BEST Homemade Biscuit recipe you'll every try! Serving up real food for real families! This post may contain affiliate links.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have mom's best biscuits using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mom's Best Biscuits:
- Take 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- Get 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Make ready 3 tsp baking powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Prepare 2 tsp sugar
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 4 tbsp lard or shortening
- Prepare 4 tbsp butter
- Take 1 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Prepare egg wash
- Get 1 egg
- Prepare 1 tsp water
These easy, homemade biscuits are soft, flaky. Homemade biscuits, as made by my dad! His biscuits are seriously the best - so light and fluffy and perfect every time. This is the best biscuit recipe ever and I'm sharing all of his tips and tricks below.
Instructions to make Mom's Best Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 425°F, sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, cut in cold lard/shortening and butter into the flour using a pastry cutter or your fingers until it resembles course crumbs.
- Add buttermilk 1/2 cup at a time, mixing with a fork or your hands until dough staystarts to come away from sides of the bowl, you may need all the milk or not if dough is too dry add more milk if it's too wet add a little more flour, on a lightly floured surface turn out dough, knead 7-10 times then pat out into a rectangle 1/2 inch thick
- Fold dough into thirds on top of itself like an envelope, using a rolling pin roll into 1/2 inch thick rectangle then repeat the fold and roll step 2 more times, this is what creates flaky layers into the biscuit.
- Roll dough into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle after the final fold and roll, cut out biscuits with a 1 1/2 to 2 inch biscuit cutter, place biscuits close together on a greased baking pan or cake pan
- Beat egg with 1 teaspoon of water brush tops of biscuits bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown, brush tops with melted butter, enjoy
Mom's Easy Eggless Biscuits Recipe For One or Two. Of course, you can double this recipe to make even more of Mom's biscuit-y goodness. These are the best buttermilk biscuits! They're soft and buttery with hundreds of flaky layers. Big as in mega flaky, mega fluffy, mega layers, mega golden brown, mega.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mom's best biscuits recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!