Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, sweet kleijah with dates. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sweet Kleijah with dates is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Sweet Kleijah with dates is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To prepare the dough, place the flour in a large bowl. Lebanese Recipes Turkish Recipes Date Recipes Sweet Recipes Egyptian Food Egyptian Recipes Pakistan Food Eastern Cuisine Sweet Pastries. Sweet Kleijah with dates, my mom makes this iraqie style.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have sweet kleijah with dates using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Kleijah with dates:
- Prepare Dough:
- Get 4 cups flour
- Get 1 cup margarine
- Make ready 1 teaspoon yeast
- Get 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Get liquid milk as needed
- Make ready 1 pinch of salt
- Prepare Filling:
- Make ready 1 cup dates, pitted
- Take 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Prepare 1 tablespoon cardamom
I learnt this khajur imli chutney whilst my Home Science classes and have been following this recipe since then. I know fruit smoothies can be plenty sweet on their own, but I like a little something more. My sweetener of choice is dates. They add the extra sweetness I crave along with subtle notes of rich caramel, and I feel good knowing I'm satisfying my sweet tooth with something wholesome.
Instructions to make Sweet Kleijah with dates:
- To prepare the dough, place the flour in a large bowl, add salt and cardamom then add the margarine and knead well.
- Dissolve the yeast in little water and add it to the mixture, then start kneading with the hands while adding the milk gradually until we have firm dough. Leave the dough to rise for 20min.
- Prepare the filling meanwhile. Fry the dates with oil over medium heat and stir until it becomes like a dough then remove it from heat.
- Add the cardamom to the fried dates and knead together. Set the filling aside to cool.
- To prepare the kleijah, divide the dough into medium sized balls to make wide kleijah finger-like pieces. Then press your finger into the center of each dough ball while turning the dough in the palm of your other hand. This way a hole is formed in the middle of the dough. Fill the hole with the date filling then close the dough around it.
- Shape the filled kleijah balls with your hands into large finger-like pieces.
- Place the filled kleijah fingers in an oven pan sprayed with little oil or butter and bake at 180⁰c until it turns lightly brown.
- Serve cold. You can add sugar syrup or eat it as it is.
Taste and add more seasoning if necessary. To serve, spoon the tagine into a serving dish and scatter with the almonds and coriander. A healthy and guilt-free banana bread that is date-sweetened, vegan, oil-free AND gluten-free, but definitely not lacking in flavor or decadence! Add the date and banana mixture to the dry mixture and stir until a batter forms. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and if desired top with the optional.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food sweet kleijah with dates recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!