Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, granola. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Granola is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Granola is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
The grocery aisle is overflowing with specialty. Granola is a a popular food that helps to regulate digestion, aid in weight loss, improve your heart health, increase energy, prevent anemia, and improve skin quality. Granola is one of those recipes I don't think I can ever get sick of.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook granola using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Granola:
- Take "dry ingredients"
- Take 7 cups old fashioned oats
- Get 1 cup wheat bran
- Get 1 cup flax meal
- Prepare "flavorings"
- Get 1/4 cup canola, coconut or olive oil
- Make ready 1/4 cup applesauce
- Make ready 1/2 cup brown or raw sugar
- Prepare 1/2 cup honey or agave
- Make ready 1/2 cup water
- Prepare 2 teaspoons turmeric
- Make ready 1 tablespoon vanilla, maple or almond extract
- Make ready 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare "nuts, seeds & fruits"
- Get 1 cup broken walnuts
- Prepare 1 cup broken pecans
- Get 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Make ready 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Make ready 1 cup chopped dates
- Make ready 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
A wide variety of granola granola options are available to you, such as feature, processing type, and origin.
Steps to make Granola:
- Preheat oven to 275° F or 135° C
- Mix oats, bran & flax in a large roasting pan.
- Whisk the "flavorings" together and then drizzle over the oat mixture. Stir until evenly moist.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours – stirring every 15 minutes.
- After the third stirring, add the "nuts, seeds & fruits".
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- NOTE: I have experimented with the balance and quantities of the fats and sugars. As I reduced the fat, the texture went from crunchy to chewy. I did not have success with less than 1/4 cup of fat. I have also sometimes replaced the more processed sugars with unsweetened frozen juice concentrate.
- Serving size - 1/4 cup
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food granola recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!