Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
A spicy red lentil soup that is fast and easy. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion until golden brown. Mix in tomatoes, spinach, and lentils, and pour in water.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander:
- Take 3 table spoons of olive oil
- Get 1 large red onion finely chopped
- Take 2 garlic cloves
- Make ready 1 fresh red chillies, seeded and finally chopped
- Make ready 2 tea spoons cumin seeds
- Take 2 tea spoons coriander seeds
- Get 1 carrot, finely chopped
- Take 1 tea spoon sugar
- Make ready 1 tea spoon mustard seed
- Get 1 table spoon tomatoe concentrate
- Get 1/2 sweet patatoe
- Get 1 cup red lentils (soaked over night)
- Make ready 1,75 l vegetable stock
- Take 1 Salt
- Make ready Ground pepper
- Take To serve
- Make ready 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Prepare 1 large bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Make ready 4 lime wedges
Here is a look at the steps with a few photos so you can This easy red lentil dal is prepared with tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger and a combination of Indian spices like turmeric, cinnamon, coriander, cumin. Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole. This red lentil soup recipe was developed through pure necessity.
Instructions to make Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander:
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and stir the onion, garlic, chilli, cumin and coriander seeds. When the onion begins to colour, toss in the carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mustard seeds, sugar and stir in the lentils and sweet patatoe.
- Pour in the stock, stir well and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- If the soup is too thick, thin it down with a little water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup straight from the pan or, if you prefer a smooth texture, whiz it in a blender, then reheat if necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle liberally with chopped onion and coriander. Serve with 2 wedges of lime to squeeze over the soup
The fridge was bare, with the exception of a few celery stalks, carrots, leeks, and some leftover crushed tomatoes, and I had Red lentil soup, coming right up! I'm convinced that improvisational cooking can lead to our best creations. This hearty, fragrant, richly spiced lentil soup can be cooked in the pressure cooker in about a half hour or on the stove in an hour. I realized as I was making the soup that I've actually changed the recipe slightly over the years. I always increase the amounts of onion, potatoes, and carrots and add.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!