Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chilli con carne. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chilli con carne is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Chilli con carne is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños Chili Con Carne Recipe. Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chilli con carne using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chilli con carne:
- Prepare 1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
- Prepare 1 large onion, chopped
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Prepare 1 cup beef stock
- Make ready 1 heap tbsp Mexican chilli powder
- Get 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Get 1 tsp garlic powder
- Take 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- Take 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Prepare 1-28 oz can whole tomatoes
- Prepare 1-15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed
- Take 1-12 oz can sweet corn
- Prepare 1 tbsp molasses
- Take 1 tbsp maple syrup
Simple chilli con carne is a favourite, and this one's a real crowd-pleaser. A winter warmer with beans & chickpeas. Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This Chilli Con Carne is a Classic.
Instructions to make Chilli con carne:
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the beef and fry for 10 - 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked and browned. Add the onion and continue cooking another 10 minutes until the onions start to caramelize and the meat starts to crisp.
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the pot and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and let simmer until the stock's absorbed and the meat mixture is mostly dry again.
- Stir the spices into the pot. Give them a minute to warm through, then add the tomatoes. Crush them in your hand as you drop them into the pot, and be sure to add the tomato liquid from the can as well. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, corn and molasses. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chilli is no longer watery. Stir in the maple syrup and add extra salt as needed to finish.
This belly warming dish of meaty, spicy joy is a regular on our dinner table. Reviews for: Photos of Chili con Carne II. A steaming bowl of smoky chilli con carne is hard to beat. Take a look at our delicious chilli recipe, & find lots more family meals, at Tesco Real Food. This chilli con carne recipe makes a tasty Mexican meal that's great as a family dinner.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chilli con carne recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!