Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, treacle toffee (plot toffee). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Treacle Toffee (Plot toffee) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Treacle Toffee (Plot toffee) is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Also known as bonfire toffee, treacle toffee is a British confection made from demerara sugar, black treacle, and corn syrup. The treat is also known as cinder toffee or plot toffee. The toffee is traditionally eaten on Bonfire Night after Guy Fawkes Day, or on Halloween.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook treacle toffee (plot toffee) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Treacle Toffee (Plot toffee):
- Make ready 1 lb Demerara sugar
- Get 1/4 pint water
- Make ready 3 oz Butter
- Make ready 4 oz Black treacle (molasses)
- Make ready 4 oz Golden syrup
- Make ready 1 tsp cider or white wine vinegar
The Treacle Toffee Recipe for Bonfire Toffee is simple, quick and easy to make but must be approached with caution; toffee gets very, very hot. As nouns the difference between treacle and toffee. is that treacle is (obsolete) an antidote for poison; theriac while toffee is (uncountable) a type of confectionery made by boiling sugar (or treacle, etc) with butter or milk, then cooling the mixture so that it becomes hard. Be the first to review this recipe. This is a deliciously dark toffee that is a hard candy when you first put it in your mouth, but softens until it is wonderfully chewy.
Instructions to make Treacle Toffee (Plot toffee):
- Butter a 12inx4in tin. In a heavy based saucepan dissolve the sugar in the water on a low heat.
- Once dissolved add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil. Do not stir. If crystals appear on side of pan wash down with a wet pastry brush.
- Boil to 132 C / 270 F (soft crack stage) or until drops in a cup of cold water form hard but not brittle threads.
- Pour into prepared tin, allow to cool for 5- 10 minutes, Mark into 1/2 inch squares.
- Allow to cool completely and break into squares. Wrap pieces in waxed paper and place in an airtight container. Alternatively you can just break into pieces with a toffee hammer or wooden spoon(Beware of flying splinters of toffee !)
- Mind your fillings, the alternative name for this is 'Stickjaw' !
- Beware when working with boiled sugar mixtures, they are VERY hot and will stick to your skin if you are careless !!!
No Bonfire Night is complete without some treacle toffee! This bonfire toffee is relatively easy, just follow the directions to ensure your toffee isn't ridden with sugar crystals! Our easy treacle toffee recipe has a step-by-step video too. Easy to make, this treacle toffee recipe is a sticky sweet treat that is perfect as a food gift or a sweet treat at special occasions. Test in COLD water in a cup until toffee breaks between fingers.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food treacle toffee (plot toffee) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!