Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, the masoor dal curry (lentil soup). It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Masoor tadka dal is a delicious Indian lentil curry made with red lentils. It's easy to make, flavorful, and healthy as well as naturally vegan and gluten free! Dal translates to lentil, but when referred to in the context of food it means a spiced Indian lentil soup.
The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have the masoor dal curry (lentil soup) using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup):
- Prepare 1 To pressure cook
- Take 3/4 cup masoor dal
- Make ready 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Make ready 1/4 tsp fennel seed powdered
- Make ready 1/4 tsp cumin seed powdered
- Make ready 2 cups water
- Make ready to taste salt
- Make ready 2 To Garnish
- Get 1 number green chilli pepper slitted
- Prepare 2 numbers tomato chopped
- Get 1 tsp chopped ginger
- Prepare 2 tsps chopped garlic
- Take 1 number onions diced
- Get 2 tsps coriander leaves chopped
- Get 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Make ready 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- Get 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Prepare 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- Prepare 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- Take 2 numbers clove
- Get 2 numbers cardamom
- Make ready 1 number cinnamon stick
- Prepare to taste salt
Masoor dal is a spiced Indian lentil dish that's equal parts flavorful and cozy; serve with rice or naan bread for dipping. Now, on to this masoor dal! Masoor dal translates as "red lentils" in Hindi. So a dal doesn't refer to a specific dish, but to actual legumes!
Instructions to make The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup):
- Wash the dal. Add the ingredients 1 to pressure cooker. Keep it in medium flame.
- After the first whistle, keep for another 8 minutes in low flame. Switch it off and wait until the full pressure is released.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the garnish.
- First, put the pan on the stove. Pour oil. When hot, add clove, cardamom, cinnamon, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli.
- Saute it until onion turn transparent and soft. Add the Masala mix and stir till the aroma of the masala comes out.
- To it add the tomatoes, stir until it is soft and the juices evapourate.
- Add a pinch of salt. Note that you have already added salt in pressure cooked ingredients. So add salt accordingly.
- To the pressure cooked dal, add the garnish and bring it to boil. Add coriander leaves.
- Now it is ready to be served. It goes well with Chapathi/roti/basmati rice.
Masoor dal recipe - Red lentils has the highest amount of protein among all the lentils & is often widely used to make dal curry. When the garlic turns slightly golden, add hing, turmeric and chili powder. If you desire you can add a pinch of garam. Best lentils for Dal- This recipe calls for Channa Dal which is a type of yellow lentils which provides an ideal texture for this Dahl. Dal Spices- Dal is made with far less spices than most Indian curries!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food the masoor dal curry (lentil soup) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!