Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, traditional kenyan chicken stew. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Chicken masala (optional) Procedure of cooking Chicken stew meal. Place the chicken pieces into a large sufuria/saucepan and add alittle water and some salt. Place the mixture on medium heat and cover.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have traditional kenyan chicken stew using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew:
- Make ready 1 whole chicken
- Get Ginger
- Make ready Garlic
- Make ready Seasoning cube (maggi)
- Get Cumin (optional)
- Take Fennel (optional)
- Make ready Parsley or coriander
- Make ready 1 green pepper
- Make ready 1 habanero pepper
- Make ready 4-6 big tomatoes
- Make ready Crayfish
You can use canned tomatoes, fresh or puree tomatoes. Fry the chicken pieces with chopped onion and a tablespoon of gravy browning. Then add the chopped cabbage, the carrot and the mixed spice. Learn how to cook great Kenyan chicken stew.
Steps to make Traditional Kenyan Chicken Stew:
- Was the chicken pieces and place in a pot.
- Crush the fennel and cumin and add it to the chicken. Also add curry, maggi, salt, pounded fresh ginger and garlic. Cover the pot and allow to cook for an hour.
- When cooked, drain the water. (Sieve the chicken stock. Refrigerate or freeze. You can use it in other stews or for your jollof rice 😉). Keep the chicken aside and place a clean pot on fire and get the vegetables in order.
- Pour in your vegetable oil and the diced onion and garlic powder (or fresh garlic). Allow the onion to soften then pour in the chopped tomatoes. Leave on low heat for about 10 minutes to fry before adding the sliced green pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces and 2 maggi cubes. No need to put lots of seasoning because the chicken was boiled with enough. Cover the pot and leave to cook for a bit. Then add the choped parsley or coriander and a teaspoon of crayfish. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes and its ready.
Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Kenyan chicken stew recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Kenyan chicken stew recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Hi Guys, here is another simple chicken stew Kenyan style recipe. For this recipe i used broiler chicken which cooks much faster than kienyeji chicken. However if you prefer kienyeji, see recipe here.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food traditional kenyan chicken stew recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!