Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, anzac biscuits. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
ANZAC biscuits is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. ANZAC biscuits is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
The army biscuit, also known as an Anzac wafer or Anzac tile, is essentially a long shelf-life, hard tack biscuit, eaten as a substitute for bread. Unlike bread, though, the biscuits are very, very hard. These iconic biscuits were originally made to send to the ANZACs (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) serving in Gallipoli.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have anzac biscuits using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make ANZAC biscuits:
- Make ready 1 cup all purpose flour
- Take 1 cup rolled oats
- Get 2/3 cup raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- Make ready 1 cup dried desiccated coconut (2/3 cup if fresh)
- Get 125 g butter
- Make ready 2 Tbs Golden syrup (can be opted to maple syrup or honey)
- Get 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
These Anzac biscuits first caught my eye at the unreal breakfast buffet at our hotel in Queenstown, the QT Queenstown. If you ever have the chance to go, you must stay there. Anzac biscuits are a traditional Australasian treat hailing from the World War I era. These biscuits were popular for their relatively cheap ingredients and long shelf life.
Steps to make ANZAC biscuits:
- Mix together flour, oats, sugar and coconut 1. Melt together butter, golden syrup and 2 tsp of cold water (I put in the microwave for 2 minutes) then put bicarb soda in and stir 1. Pour liquid over the dry ingredients combine together till this solid formation (can add bit of warm water if using dried coconut)
- Roll table spoon level of mixture and flattened then put into baking tray
- Heat oven for 170 degrees Celsius fan forced. Then bake it for 10-12 minutes for chewy Anzac biscuit or 12-15 minutes for crunchy Anzac biscuits 😍
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes to cool down
See more ideas about Anzac biscuits, Biscuit recipe, Biscuits. · Our classic ANZAC biscuits are an all-time Australian favourite recipe. I'm sharing with you how to make ANZAC biscuits which are a popular New Zealand and Australian biscuit with important history. Based on a recipe for Scottish oatmeal cakes, Anzac biscuits are made from flour, rolled oats, desiccated coconut, golden syrup. These are a soft chewy version of the Anzac. I have made many Anzac biscuit recipes over the year but decided to try this one today.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food anzac biscuits recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!