Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, rhubarb fool. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rhubarb fool is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Rhubarb fool is something which I have loved my entire life.
With a rubber spatula, swirl the cream and rhubarb together so that the mixture has streaks of rhubarb, but is not fully mixed. Spoon the fool into tall dessert dishes or wine glasses, and chill until ready to serve. This iconic British summer dessert is a light and dreamy recipe to celebrate rhubarb season: Rhubarb Fool.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have rhubarb fool using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Rhubarb fool:
- Prepare 400 g (1 lb) rhubarb, trimmed and chopped roughly
- Get 100 g (1/2 cup) caster sugar plus 1 tsp
- Make ready 1 vanilla pod, divided in half
- Take 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) double cream
- Prepare a few drops of rose water
A "fool" is a British dessert that's usually made with custard. This is a modified, quicker version I created. My kids love it because it doesn't taste like rhubarb—so I guess it's well named! —Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth.
Instructions to make Rhubarb fool:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375F/gas 5. Scrape the seeds from half the vanilla pod and mix into the sugar. Place the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish; add the sugar as well as the scraped two halves of the vanilla pod. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Tip the rhubarb into a sieve placed over a bowl or a pan to reserve the juice. Discard the vanilla pod. Whizz the rhubarb in a blender to a smooth puree. Simmer the collected juice in a small saucepan until reduced and syrupy, about 10 minutes. Pour it into a small jug or a bowl and cool completely.
- Whip the double cream until soft peaks – don’t over whip or it will be too stiff. Stir the rose water into the rhubarb puree and fold the puree into whipped cream.
- Chill for at least half an hour, then spoon into serving bowls or shot glasses, drizzle with the syrup and serve. A shortbread or a ginger biscuit will go well with the fool.
Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold. Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Classic rhubarb fool recipe, ready in minutes. A classic dessert, this rhubarb fool is made with rhubarb puree and whipped cream. Greek yoghurt can be used in rhubarb fool instead of or as an addition to whipped cream.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food rhubarb fool recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!